Sodium Tungstate ACS
|Minimum Order Quantity||5 Kilogram|
|Grade Standard||Reagent Grade|
- Used as fuel cell electrode material
- Definite chemical proportion
- High efficiency
Mol. Wt. 329.86
Free alkali (as NaOH)
Total Nitrogen (N)
Colorless or white crystalline powder
Slightly soluble in ammoniac solutions
Not very soluble in common organic solvents
Insoluble in alcohol.
Soluble in water
- Sodium tungstate is used as catalyst in paint dyes, pigment pharmaceuticals and many more chemical reactions like epoxidation of alkenes and oxidation of alcohols into aldehydes or ketones.
- Sodium tungstate is an effective antidiabetic agent when administered orally. It improves pancreatic function and beta cell proliferation. It activates glycogen synthesis through an insulin receptor-independent pathway.
- There are dual effects of sodium tungstate on adipocyte biology: inhibition of adipogenesis and stimulation of cellular oxygen consumption. Sodium tungstate inhibits adipocyte differentiation and regulates the mitochondrial oxygen consumption of adipose cells. These effects contribute to the anti-obesity activity of sodium tungstate and confirm its potential as a powerful alternative for the treatment of obesity.
Permanent Chemical Modifier:
- Sodium tungstate is used for slurry sampling electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometric determination of indium in soils.